auto internet connection

gidster 17:02 PM 07 Aug 11

hi how do i make it so my laptop connects to my wireless connection automatically?.at the moment i have to set up and connect every time i want to go on the internet. im using a acer travelmate 5720 on vista.

cheers.

Woolwell 17:24 PM 07 Aug 11

There should be a screen/window with save this network and start this connection automatically see Vista wireless network

ACOLYTE 18:17 PM 07 Aug 11

Do you have the wireless turned on all the time,i know on mine i have a button that turns the wireless off,but having said that it does connect to the net when its turned on,so its more likely you haven't saved connection,i think there is a tick box to connect automatically.

gidster 18:48 PM 07 Aug 11

thanks for the replies,but its not offering me the chance to tick a box to connect automatically anymore so im presumming that ive already done this as i can remember putting in the password.

the strange thing is when i turn the laptop on it says its connected to my wireless network then dissconects itself,then i go through the process of connecting it via connect-set up network-wireless-choose network. and itshows it connecting then a few seconds later im on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites