auto internet connection

gidster 07 Aug 11

hi how do i make it so my laptop connects to my wireless connection automatically?.at the moment i have to set up and connect every time i want to go on the internet. im using a acer travelmate 5720 on vista.

cheers.

Woolwell 07 Aug 11

There should be a screen/window with save this network and start this connection automatically see Vista wireless network

ACOLYTE 07 Aug 11

Do you have the wireless turned on all the time,i know on mine i have a button that turns the wireless off,but having said that it does connect to the net when its turned on,so its more likely you haven't saved connection,i think there is a tick box to connect automatically.

gidster 07 Aug 11

thanks for the replies,but its not offering me the chance to tick a box to connect automatically anymore so im presumming that ive already done this as i can remember putting in the password.

the strange thing is when i turn the laptop on it says its connected to my wireless network then dissconects itself,then i go through the process of connecting it via connect-set up network-wireless-choose network. and itshows it connecting then a few seconds later im on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message