Auto Insert Notification not working (2)

Cumano 12:53 27 Feb 04

I have previously asked for help concerning AIN. and was instructed to alter a value in the WINDOWS REGISTRY which I was very reluctant to do. After consulting the MS KNOWLEDGE DATA BASE which also instructed me to make an alteration in the REGISTRY. The registry value I have to change is, 'No Drive Type Auto Run', present reading is 'ff 00 00 00', according to the MSKDB. It should read, '95 00 00 00'. I have made the alteration, but on Reboot, it reverts back to 'ff 00 00 00'. My OS is WINDOWS ME, I can no longer get assisted support from Microsoft. Can anyone help me PLEASE.

Valvegrid 13:01 27 Feb 04

I can understand your reluctance in not touching old reg. I don't know much about ME, but the Auto Insert Notification in 98SE is in Control Panel>System and clicking on the Device Manager tab then going to the properties of the CD drive and there is a tick box in there for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…