auto entries in address book

Newuser2 20:42 05 Aug 04

Is there any way of adding email addresses automatically to the address book in outlook express, I'm running XP home I just want to avoid entering all the details manually.

VoG II 20:46 05 Aug 04

Whilst reading the message right click on the name in the From: field and select Add to address book.

Newuser2 20:50 05 Aug 04

Thanks VoG.
Next question is there any way of adding address's automatically for emails I send.

VoG II 20:52 05 Aug 04

Read the message in the Sent Items folder. Right click the name in the To: field and ... guess what...

spanneress 20:52 05 Aug 04

Yup...go to Tools..Options...Send and there is an option to tick to automatically add anyone you reply to to your addy book....

VoG II 20:53 05 Aug 04

Ooh! Even better. Still learning, that's what makes this site so interesting, ta!

Newuser2 20:56 05 Aug 04

The box is ticked but the address's are not saved to address book.

Gingermum 21:56 05 Aug 04

Have you closed the program and started again. Or tried rebooting?
There are 2 basic problems with automatically adding addresses when you reply:

You end up with a huge address book full of people who you don't recognise. I've stopped using this facility.

The sender must have set up their account correctly. For example, if Mary Smith has set up her account correctly and filled in her name under User Information, then when you receive an email from her, you will see Mary Smith in the From line. However, if she hasn't then you will only see her email address. I found that if I'd saved Mary Smith's email address and filled in her name myself, the next time I replied to her, she was added again, this time filed under her email address. So I got a load of duplicates!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…