auto disconnect

maarraa 21:41 15 Apr 04

could someone please advise me how to set up auto disconnect option (regarding the dial up connection) when the internet explorer browser page is closed down. i have windows xp and two of the accounts have this feature but for the third one i dont seem to be able to locate how to set it up. please note i didnot set it up on the other two accounts - it just seems to have appeared there. many thanks. mayur.

christmascracker 21:53 15 Apr 04

Control panel/ internet options/ connections/ settings/ advanced

Gongoozler 21:57 15 Apr 04

Tools - Internet Options - Connections - Settings (for the particular account) - Advanced. Tick the box for "Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed". At least that is the theory, but this is not one of Microsoft's more reliable efforts.

pharte 22:38 15 Apr 04

try this method.......control panel, internet options, connections (highlight one), properties, general......in the bottom of this box is a tick box saying "show icon in noticication area when connected", tick it to display the two flashing comp icons on your taskbar.

when want to disconnect right click the icon and choose disconnect.

your explorer windows etc will still be open and viewable,as well as your viewed email.

works for me all the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…