auto detecting pri master (not detected)

BadLuckBoy 14:00 01 Jun 04

Hi,

I turned my pc on one day to find
auto detecting slave master (not detected)

It then gave me an option to start up via boot disk.

After a couple of tries, the monitor will now not turn on and I can't do anything with it!!!!

The monitor works ok on another PC. I have changed the CMOS battery and put the HDD in another PC where it performs POST ok, but does not load fully (I suspect it is because they're very different in age!!!

Any ideas ???????

Rayuk 14:30 01 Jun 04

Can you try another eide cable or check the one you have hasnt worked loose.

GORAL 19:09 01 Jun 04

Often had this problem - Rayuk's suggestion makes good sense, also try simply removing the eide cable and reinsert it, plus remove the power connector and reinsert that. For some reason (perhaps wear and tear) the cables do not always make a perfect connection.

Rayuk 19:22 01 Jun 04

Or you could try the hard drive on the secondary channel[if it works ok try your optical drives on the primary channel]

BadLuckBoy 05:13 02 Jun 04

Thanks guys for the advise.

I've tried all sorts of permutations with the cables and still nothing. Would you know of any way I could test the motherboard?

Thanks for your help................

BadLuckBoy 05:13 02 Jun 04

Thanks guys for the advise.

I've tried all sorts of permutations with the cables and still nothing. Would you know of any way I could test the motherboard?

Thanks for your help................

Tog 07:21 02 Jun 04

Remove all HDDs from IDE1 & 2 and boot. If the monitor fires up then one of your drives is dragging the Power down.

BadLuckBoy 07:36 02 Jun 04

Tried and failed.....!!

Looks like motherboard then??

Thanks..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…