Auto Complete in Outlook 2000

Snakey 19:26 24 Mar 03

PC running Win98SE and Office 2000

When I used Outlook Express as my Email editor it would Auto Complete (Suggest matches from my Address Book)When I began to type the Name or Email Address. Since installing Outlook 2000 this does not happen. I have checked the Advanced Settings in Options and have ticked the Name Checking option. I have also enabled Auto Complete in IE.

MAJ 19:40 24 Mar 03

It seems that if the nickname file in Outlook is corrupt it can cause a malfunction of autocomplete. click here The suggested fix can be downloaded from click here hope it helps, Snakey.

Snakey 21:16 05 Apr 03

I have tried the above fix but still unable to solve the issue.

I have reformatted the HDD and reinstalled Office 2000.

Using Outlook Express 5, having Office 2000 installed, I Exported my Address Book & Emails etc to Outlook 2000. When I began to type names in the 'To....' field Auto Complete did not function.

Tried the fix above.

Exported Outlook to a backup.PST file. Reformatted HDD, reinstalled Office and imported backup.PST. Still no Auto Complete.

Help Please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…