auto complete

lisa_gedo 20:02 28 Nov 07

i recently reset my pc and had to re-install IE7, now i can only save certain passwords. it's getting really annoying having to re-enter passwords all the time, expecially since my pc won't save the yahoo password and i have to sign back in every time i shut down IE7...can anyone help....all boxes are check in auto complete and also 'use inline auto complete' on settings !!

Technotiger 20:17 28 Nov 07

Hmm, can't help you with IE7 'cos I don't use it, but perhaps you would do better with Firefox, has some similarity to IE7 ......... and in Firefoxe's Tools>Options>Security tab one has the option to remember passwords!

click here

lisa_gedo 20:19 28 Nov 07

ty for the reply, i have always used IE and i have previously been able to save passwords, it only stopped when i reset my system

VoG II 20:20 28 Nov 07

Does IE still prompt to remember passwords?

Technotiger 20:21 28 Nov 07

By 'reset my system' do you mean System Restore, or re-install of your OS?

With Firefox you can still keep IE7 to use as well - I use IE6 alongside Firefox... never did trust IE7!

lisa_gedo 20:31 28 Nov 07

the only password its prompted me to save was the one for pcadvisor! lol.....i cant save any others......i did a re-install of my system

VoG II 20:36 28 Nov 07

Any help? click here

Technotiger 20:36 28 Nov 07

Give Firefox a go, worth a try - you might even like it better than IE7.

lisa_gedo 21:54 06 Dec 07

I reset pc again and installed IE7 before i installed my anti virus and pop-up blocker, no problems now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now