Australian Daylight Savings Changes

Sethhaniel 09:44 22 Dec 05

for Microsoft Products for the Year 2006

The Commonwealth Games are scheduled to be held during March 2006 in Melbourne Australia. Several Australian states including New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Tasmania, have changed the Daylight Savings transition end dates to the first Sunday of Apr 2006.

click here

Note: Clocks are advanced at 2am by 1 hour on start day to become Summer Time.
Clocks are wound back at 3am by 1 hour at end day to become Standard Time.

The change to Daylight Savings will affect the transition settings for the following time zone rules:

(GMT + 10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
(GMT + 10:00) Hobart
(GMT+09:30) Adelaide

Currently supported versions of products shipped by Microsoft have Daylight Savings transition dates that do not cater for the abovementioned change. These products include:
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows CE / Mobile
Microsoft Exchange server 2000
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

PaulB2005 09:45 22 Dec 05

There will probably be an update nearer the time.

anchor 09:50 22 Dec 05

FE: Do we have any members of the forum that live in Australia?.

rawprawn 10:26 22 Dec 05

The sponsers are bringing out a new watch for the games, it's made by Wallabies and goes back and forward in leaps and bounds mate!-:)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:32 22 Dec 05

I didn't realise 2006 was a "leap" year.

Wallabies and Kangaroos have been banned form certain events in the olympics

High Jump

Long Lump

Hop skip and Jump

:0)

Sethhaniel 10:33 22 Dec 05

Update already there on the 'click here' link

anchor - will affect all users on chatrooms -to businesses that deal with Australia

rawprawn - G'day - will this watch have two time zones 'drinkin time' and 'sleepin time' ;)

rawprawn 10:40 22 Dec 05

When I was a kid, I used to get paid for shooting Flying Fox in The Blue Mountains, and that's more painfull than shooting them in the ass!

rawprawn 10:53 22 Dec 05

No mate, it's always on BST. Just in case you get confused thats "Black Stump Time" -:)

Sethhaniel 11:09 22 Dec 05

Just been 'Beyond the Black Stump' click here most interesting site on all things Aussie

suppose this summer time jobbie is a bit like a boomarang you throw away an hour at the beggining & it comes back to you later -

Boomerang throwing -an olympic sport ?? ;)

Sethhaniel 13:37 22 Dec 05

;)

rawprawn 14:04 22 Dec 05

My post wasn't meant to be offensive, your name just reminded me of how I used to earn some pocket money.
Have a nice Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…