//some 3rd party need geo

auq.exe

lpl56407 15:51 20 Dec 05

I am running Windows 98se and noticed that auq.exe is in my startup. Does anyone know what this file is. I have google'd without success.

Diemmess 16:18 20 Dec 05

My attempt with Google showed a tenuous link for auq.* with NHANES and pdf reports from the bean counters in the NHS.
An extraorinarily long link with Castle Cops listed among hundreds of others auq.exe in suspicious circumstances.

The facination of this PCA site is that sooner or later someone with encylopaedic knowledge will pop up and give an answer to your question.
Meantime I would be curious and search the registry.... as well as the rest of the computer for any clues about association with other files.

badhair1963 16:19 20 Dec 05

Is this any help? click here

You might also want to run CoolWebShredder

click here

Press Man 16:21 20 Dec 05

It could be a virus/hijacker? Try first to boot into safe mode and run your AV and any spyware progs to detect it. If nothing shows download Highjack This click here then post it here click here hopefully someone will help you out.

PaulB2005 16:22 20 Dec 05

Submit the file to

click here

click here

click here

They'll scan it and tell you if it is malicious...

lpl56407 17:26 20 Dec 05

Thanks for all your info and advice.
Will follow up tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…