Audio/Video from TV to PC and beyond !!

Giddygum 12:21 22 Feb 05

Have just purchased new Evesham Decimator system comprising of Athlon 64 FX-55 processor, 2Gb Ram and 400GB Hard Drive.
The system uses PCI express transportation to a pair of nVidia 6800 GT video cards in a SLI configuration.
I also have a DVD re-writer, separate CD re-writer and 7.1 on-board sound card, but no tuner card.

So with the "TV in" facility from the graphics cards I can view images supplied from the PC on my TV.

However, I cannot "go" the other way.

The TV is analogue (about 10 years old) with only a single operational scart socket (in use - see below).
I also have Sky+ system with 20 GB hard drive and am looking to purchase a DVD/VCR/MP3/HD combi machine which does not have an S-video out socket.

Is there a package available (in line with my computer specifications) that would enable me to play audio (CD/MP3/radio etc) and video (DVD, Sky etc) from TV to PC ? Does this package enable an 'inset' facility, multi-channel viewing on a single screen and 'pause live TV' option?

Would the connection come from the Sky+ box or combi unit and would that machine enhance the options or be a duplication ?

Is there a package that will enable me to play the above to any room in the house with suitable speakers and monitor ?

If a cabled system, is there any signal degradation and what is the maximum distance for "TV out" to work ?

Is this degradation the same for "TV in" ?

TomJerry 13:05 22 Feb 05

as simple as that, your g-card only has TV out (not TV in)

you can get analog TV card or freeview digital TV card or digital sky TV card (only free channels)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…