audiotape to itunes

jorf 14:37 28 Feb 10

Is there a way of adding audio tapes to my Itunes library? I am running Vista home premium on an Acer laptop.

bremner 14:53 28 Feb 10

If the audiotape is an mp3 then just go to File>Add to Library and point it at the file you want to add.

jorf 14:56 28 Feb 10

No they are ordinary cassettes how do I get them on my computer?

john bunyan 15:14 28 Feb 10

1. You need a software programme to import the cassette tunes. I use Roxio Creator 2010, a paid for one but I believe Audacity is a freebe.
I have a soundcard and attach a stereo phono lead from the headphone socket of the cassette player to the microphone input of the sound card . Some without soundcards still have such an input (look at your PC manual).
Then I play the cassette through the PC's speakers and use Audio capture in Roxio with the input setting "Sound through speakers" (or similar.) Using Roxio you can split up the songs , fade in and out etc then convert to MP3. Then you can manually name the song and get audio tags via the internet and Roxio or other software.
Then in i tunes you can "add file (or folder) to the library"

john bunyan 15:16 28 Feb 10

My remarks refer to a desktop - do you have on board sound and a microphone input? If so , the same applies.

jorf 19:08 01 Mar 10

I have a line in socket on my laptop, so where can I get a lead that has the small jack from the headphone socket on my tape player to the small socket on my laptop. I tried on Maplin but could not understand all the different leads.

john bunyan 23:17 01 Mar 10

I think it is a male at each end stereo phono lead ?2.5 or 3.5 mm. Just take in a headphone lead that fits both - Maplins will advise you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…