AudioTag 8192 ?? Confused...

AngeTheHippy 15:59 27 Jan 05

Hi Chaps,
Downloaded a couple of films this week, one of them is a WMP (video Clip) file,viewable on both Win Media player and DivX player. Picture quality of fantastic, but as it's a film about a musician, well, um, sound is quite important and there isn't any!!! I get the message when I open in DivX : **The video you are opening includes audio data that is not recognised by the DivX player. The file contains the following type of data: Audio Data: Tag 8192. You may need to install a new audio codec on your computer to listen to** Now, I've looked at various sites and forums concerning this codec, and am a bit unsure whether to install or not - some people have had no probs with their XP pc, and others can no longer open either DivX or WMP.

Pls can I have a bit of advice what to do about this.

Thanks loads,

AngeTheHippy
xx

ACOLYTE 16:02 27 Jan 05

You could try this download.divxmovies.com/ac3codec.zip

ACOLYTE 16:03 27 Jan 05

lol sorry missed a bit

click here

AngeTheHippy 16:04 27 Jan 05

your link not working, but I've been to that site already, and I wanna know whether anyone else here has had dealings with this codec/wmp etc etc.

A
xx

ACOLYTE 16:10 27 Jan 05

The link is a direct download to the codec.

or have you tried click here

click here

AngeTheHippy 16:35 27 Jan 05

and others had dimilar probs - was directed to click here by another PCA member - excellent site! Downloaded and am watching in excellent pic, sound a bit low, but not a prob. Just turn it up!!!!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…