audiophile 2496 no sound playback

mrmike99 18:59 20 May 07

I have just had an audiophile 2496 sound card installed in my pc with all necessary drivers which i am intending to use with cubase SX3, but i now cannot cannot hear any sound through my speakers at all.

The speakers are not connected directly to the soundcard because there is no socket for them at the back of it

In the windows control panel the default device for sound recording is "M-Audio Delta AP 1/2". For the sound playback default device there is a choice of four, these being M-Audio Delta AP "1/2" "Multi" "S/PDIF" and also the AC 97 integrated one. I currently have the "1/2" option selected, is this the right one? And in the M-Audio control panel which options should i have selected in the Patchbay/Router tab?

thanx

howard64 20:00 20 May 07

I have never seen a sound card without either a speaker socket or line out socket. The colour of which is nowadays light green.

gudgulf 20:23 20 May 07

You might find this review helpful click here

It certainly doesn't look like this soundcard is designed to connect to a standard set of pc speakers.I assume that is what you are trying to do.

You are going to have to read through the product manual carefully as I doubt if there will be many people on this forum with experience of a professional product such as this......I'm certainly not!

gudgulf 20:29 20 May 07

You could use an RCA phono to minijack converter such as this click here which would allow you to use one of the stereo RCA outputs on the card to connect to a pair of pc speakers (stereo only).

mrmike99 22:42 24 May 07

thanks for the advice
ive bought the converter you suggested and got the speaker setup working properly now
thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…