Audiograbber codecs

Fred the flour grader 11:41 26 Oct 05

Hi guys, I have used this program a few times now without any problem. I have seen a codec called Lame3.96.1 mentioned in the forums a few times and am wondering if it will be better than the current Microsoft PCM converter, I am using at present.

If I download it, how do I get it in to the audiograbber program to use it?

The reason I want to try a different codec is, for some reason when I am ripping cd's to convert to MP3 it is making them default to Realplayer. I really can't see what I am doing wrong or, different to before.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance....Fred.

alan227 16:35 27 Oct 05

Start Realplayer, click on TOOLS, click on PREFERENCES, click on MEDIA TYPES and deselect MP3.(click on the MP3 box to take the tick out of it).
This should stop them defaulting to Realplayer.

Splork 17:34 27 Oct 05

Thats not really to do with the codec, thats just RealPlayer interfering. Uninstall it and get this instead unless you need any particular features of realplayer.click here
AS for Lame get it here click here
You will need to stick the .dll or .exe or both, in your audiograbber plugins or encoder folder (read the AudioGrabber help file and it will tell you) then it should pick up the new codec and allow you to select it.

Totally-braindead 19:20 27 Oct 05

If you go to the audiograbber website theres full instuctions.

Fred the flour grader 19:24 27 Oct 05

Cheers, That has sorted it. I had a bit trouble putting the Lame encoder in, but that was down to me reading the instruction of the installation wrong. It works great, a lot faster than the other one I had in.

Once again, thanks a lot....Fred :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…