pj123 17:45 19 Jun 05

Downloaded audiograbber as recommended by some on this forum. Doesn't work. All I get is "the track 1.cda is not a 16 bit stereo 44.1 Khz PCM wave file". Well of course it isn't. It is a CD of a jazz concert that I played in some time ago. The organiser recorded the concert and gave us all a CD. Which is .cda

I was led to believe that audiograbber was able to rip a CD direct to MP3. That doesn't appear to be the case. Or am I doing it wrong?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:19 19 Jun 05

Have you downloaded the codecs for MP3? They are not in the programme by here

Totally-braindead 22:07 19 Jun 05

You're doing something wrong I'm afraid. As Gandalf has pointed out there are free codecs you can download but I do not think that is the problem you have, from the error message you are getting I think the program is looking for a particular type of sound file and naturally it can't find them, check the input settings. The downloadable codecs are if I remember correctly to rip CDs to MP3 above a certain quality and to be honest they are worth downloading as by default the files are sometimes not all that great, the bitrate is too low without the codecs. Wish I could help more but I now use a program I got on a PCA coverdisk.

Completealias 22:29 19 Jun 05

My personal choice for this task is CDex also free and the mp3 quality seems alot better than other programs I have used click here

pj123 10:25 20 Jun 05

Normally I use LP Recorder click here to record the CD to my hard drive as a .wav file and then convert to MP3 using a programme called WISMP3. That's the long way round though so I thought I would try "direct from CD to MP3"

I will give Cdex a try.

exprog 10:33 20 Jun 05

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 12:18 20 Jun 05

just a sugestion why not just rip cd in media player 10 to WMA I have not found a cd player that wont play a burn`t cd in wma as of yet even the cd player in car plays them cant see any difference in sound quality but I supose some one will tell me different.

pj123 12:58 20 Jun 05

SurfMonkey _#:@}™. Thanks for the suggestion. I've got no problem with playing CDs. I want them as MP3 for my MP3 player.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:04 20 Jun 05

what burning software do you have

pj123 14:16 20 Jun 05

Cdex, brilliant. Worked first time. Thanks a lot.

Thread closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…