//some 3rd party need geo

Audio track volume.

Kudu 10:44 01 Dec 03

A friend who sings folk songs gave me me an audio tape to make CD's from.It was made at different venues and at his home and the volume for each track is all over the place.Anyone know of a small program that would even out the volume,preferably from the hard disk files as i couldn't stand listening to it again when copying from audio tape.Hope he's not online!

pj123 11:58 01 Dec 03

I know exactly what you mean. I use a recording programme called LP Recorder it has "auto recording level" You will, of course, have to record it back to your hard disk from the cassette again. I also use LP Ripper which means I can record a cassette as one long track and then split it up into separate tracks afterwards. Both can be got from click here

You need to 'normalise' the tracks.
Try MP3 Workshop click here

Kudu 15:02 01 Dec 03

pj123,no luck,don't want to buy it as this is a one off and the free download only gives you 4mins. @BJ@,downloads ok but won't setup maybe as i've XP.

old-timer 15:33 01 Dec 03

I use a free program called MP3GAIN, which can be downloaded from:
click here
Very good

Confab 16:37 01 Dec 03

What software are you going to use to make the CD? Neor for example has a normalise feature built in.

Confab 16:38 01 Dec 03

Neor = Nero

Kudu 17:42 01 Dec 03

Used my new copy of Nero for the first time yesterday and never noticed the normalise button.Thanks that should solve it.If all else fails read the handbook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…