Audio Speakers

saxman 18:01 30 May 04

I am running Win XP and my five speakers (creative labs) work fine when playing a CD from my drive. However when I listen to the radio via my realone player only three are working. I cannot find any way to reset the speakers from Real One. Any ideas please

Pearly Gates |X|X| 18:57 30 May 04

Which 3 speakers? is it the sub and 2 satellites.
I do not know your soundcard, I have a 7.1 system but only get 7.1 when a DVD is encoded to play in surroundsound. Can you downmix in your soundcard applications. Not all speakers work all the time.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:22 01 Jun 04

Hello again, as you have a creative then you probably have a speaker calibration application as part of the software. Have you used it and does the noise come out of the correct speakers?
As I have said I have the Audigy 2ZS platinum with 7.1 speakers, when I play stuff in Mediasource player, the sound comes out of all the speakers, when I play CDs from the Rom drive only the back 3 produce sound, when I play a surround sound encoded DVD then I get the full 7.1 effect of surround sound, which is not the same as stereo. Most of the time with ordinary CD music you may just as well have a 2.1 setup to be honest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…