audio sound devices

brownrecluse 18:43 27 Jul 03

I am on windows 98se and had to update my system.I now have NO SOUND.The computer keeps saying "this driver unaccessable or deleted.How do I get my sound back?

pj123 23:41 27 Jul 03

Type the name of your soundcard into Google and download the driver and reinstall it.

woodchip 23:57 27 Jul 03

You should have got the driver someware if you got the disc's with the computer, if it's onboard sound they will be on the motherboard CD

brownrecluse 19:58 28 Jul 03

Thanks for your help but I'm afraid I know more about looking into a hole in a hedge than I do about computers.To pj123 I don't know the number of the soundcard or how to go about gettingit.To Woodchip I don't have the cd's for the system and I haven't the foggiest of how to get any imformation of the Motherboard.But thanks for your response and if ANYBODY could tell me in the simplest of terms what to do I would be very grateful.The Lord Bless you.Brownrecluse.

woodchip 20:31 28 Jul 03

Do this it may give some info. Right Click "My Computer" Choose Properties click the device Manager Tab, Look at the sound by clicking the little plus sign, if there is something that say's audio click it and then click properties it may tell you the name or make of the audio. Or give a clue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…