Audio recording Tape to PC

geedad 17:21 17 Aug 04

Using the default Sound recorder in Windows XP Home, I find there is a limit of 60 secs. Does any one know how to either extend this time ( 45mins) or is there another way to record audio from Tape. I am using the output earphones on a Sony Tape deck and connected to the mike inline on the computer. It works, but the software cuts off at 60secs.
geedad

Smiler 17:39 17 Aug 04

You would be better connecting to the audio line in on the soundcard as the mic in is very sensitive and may distort the input.

If you have Nero you could use Wave editor. If you have Adaptec Easy CD Creator you could use CD spin doctor.

Smiler 17:48 17 Aug 04

Here's a free program click here

geedad 21:12 17 Aug 04

smiler.
Many, many thanks! Tried it very briefly just now. What a treat!
Great!
geeded

geedad 22:50 17 Aug 04

Got to come back to this one,smiler. How can I copy the WAVEPAD Audio recorded material to CD?
The extension is .wpp, I believe, but I need to copy it to CD for playback in EG Quicktime or WM Player.
( It's easy to PLAYBACK the recorded material through WAVEPAD )
Thanks.
geedad

Smiler 10:24 19 Aug 04

When you save a file try using "save file as" then in the save file as window click on "save as type" arrow and select WAVE FILES(*.wav) The wav files can then be burned to cd using a cd burning program.

geedad 22:23 23 Aug 04

Thanks again, smiler, for your help on Thur,19.08.04 at 10:24
I have now succeeded in copying the audio tape to HD, then to CD. Some recordings are, however, noisy and distorted. Does WavePad cleanup with further editing?
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…