Audio Record Master

Blackadderthe4th 13:02 14 Feb 10

I've just upgraded to a laptop {Dell 7500) but I can't record audio via "record master", like I could with my desktop, but this had a creative sound card. So is it a hardware problem or is there a software solution? I can record the sound but have to have the sound up, which is not ideal

GaT7 16:26 14 Feb 10

I'm guessing your OS is either Vista/Win7 (as they did a Dell 7500 back in 2000 click here!).

If yes, first see if you can enable Windows' ability to record 'what you hear' by using this guide click here. If you cannot, there's a good chance that the onboard soundcard doesn't have this ability.

ff you'd to try something else for recording, Audacity click here mentioned there is well-recommended. Or, even Hi-Q Recorder click here, which may be simpler to use.

There's also Windows' own Sound Recorder click here, but I think it can only be used to record sound via a mic or similar input device - & I'm assuming your query wasn't related. G

Blackadderthe4th 17:15 14 Feb 10

It's Win7. 'ability to record 'what you hear' done that'. But what I want to do is record the audio whilst the sound is turned down. Which I could do with my desktop but it had a creative card. So I have come to the conclusion that it's a hardware problem. I can work around it by connecting some controlable external speakers.

cheers

eedcam 18:30 14 Feb 10

You dont need a dedicated card to be able to turn down the volume the volume has nothing to do with the recording levels which you should have via windows recording level. I recors using various editors but can use windows recording level to control the input

Patrik 10:01 16 Aug 10

you can record your audio using Macvide Audio Recorder.It's must be helpful to your)but only for Mac)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017