Audio problem after new motherboard installation

xania 17:00 PM 05 May 13

I have just swapped out my old ASUS M3A78-CM for a new Gigabyte GA-970A-D3. And being a lazy B. have tried to get my old Windows 7 installation working rather than do a clean re-install. And it all works fine with a Radeon HD 6450 new graphics card giving a much clearer picture than previous. BUT... can I get the audio to work. I have uninstalled the Asus version and installed the GB version but it simply does not want to know. I do recall from many years ago that Audio can be awkward with interrupt conflicts, and I can hear a definite click through the earphones as Windows loads, but is there something else I need to delete from ASUS? I have tried both my back and front connectors and both display the same symptoms. Of course, can't even check microphone at this stage

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 PM 05 May 13

Uninstall all audio drivers

Device manager - view - show hidden devices and uninstall all hidden devices as well

then run the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

then reinstall the audio drivers for the GB board.

rdave13 18:04 PM 05 May 13

Try this driver,

rdave13 18:05 PM 05 May 13
  xania 18:11 PM 05 May 13

Fruit Bat /\0/\

I did exactly as you suggested and - lo and behold the audio sprung to live BEFORE I COULD RELAOD THE DRIVERS.

Thanks for your contribution, but turns out not to be necessary - at present.

Have a good Bank Holiday

rdave13 18:20 PM 05 May 13

Glad you're sorteed. Defaulted to Windows generic drivers I think. If you don't have stereo mix available for recording (if needed) then have another look at the link I gave.

"Good Bank holiday"... painting and decorating the house.. :(

xania 18:50 PM 05 May 13

Yes - nearly finished the bathroom now - just got to get a new roller blind then I can get back to my model railway.

Have a good one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…