Audio out of sync when video capturing

stugra 22:04 10 Feb 05

I have been trying to transfer VHS video to my PC using a video capture card but after a few minutes (can see it by 10 minutes) the audio starts to lag behind the video.

Can anyone offer any advice around this - its causes and ways around it - recommended software to avoid it etc??

AMD 2.5GHz processor
512 RAM
64Mb Graphics
capturing to 2nd HDD
LifeView FlyTV-Prime 30 capture card
video linked up using AV cables from scart

absent 22:17 10 Feb 05

What software are you using ? have you tried alternative such as comes with WinXP ( not that it`s very good ) but it would prove if it was a software problem.

stugra 22:20 10 Feb 05

It occurs with the software that came supplied (LifeView TVR), NeroVision express (gives a poorer picture) and Ulead video express I'm afraid.

jbaker65 22:27 10 Feb 05

I get satisfactory rsults with uLead video studio 7 and with NeoDVD 5 and I'm fairly new to this.

stugra 22:31 10 Feb 05

I've heard NeoDVD 6 is good but don't want to shell out the $50 to find it doesn't help.

absent 22:41 10 Feb 05

I have a slighty lower spec machine and use Ulead video studio with excellent results. Try turning off any antivirus progs or any other unneccessary stuff using RAM.

stalion 22:43 10 Feb 05

free one to try click here

dogtrack 08:54 11 Feb 05

If you click on the link I have given, you will find the cure. It is a very complex matter, for someone with limited experience of video editing though. If you have the enthusiasm and patience, it will be rewarded. Good luck, and have fun.
click here

Bagsey 09:41 11 Feb 05

Good one Thanks for that link.

stugra 10:49 11 Feb 05

Thanks dogtrack, but virtualdub does not support mpeg2 files which is what I am working with.??

SEASHANTY 15:05 11 Feb 05

If you type in <sound out of sync> in the search box to the left of this thread it will bring up three more threads on this subject. BTW you don't get this problem if you use a home dvd recorder to do these VHS transfers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…