Audio on MSN Messenger

loftroom 20:54 04 Aug 04

MSN Messenger produces great video picture, but no matter what i do i can not send or receive audio. All my contacts have XP home and good sound cards, and we have tried disabling firewalls to no avail.On the other hand we can all use Eyeball Chat perfectly well without any tinkering with anything. It's frustrating because MSN is a superior application in many ways, and in any case, what's the point of seeing your contact if you've got your head down, typing messages.I've not yet met anyone who has got audio and video, so is the system at fault or us. I'm on Broadband and would dearly love to TALK to my Grandchildren. MSN have been no help, can someone?

KwaK 21:27 04 Aug 04

....as I had the same problem as you along with many friends and family. A few had no problems, others along with myself never got the audio to work at all. I did try all sorts of things that others suggested.

Then I downloaded and installed Yahoo messenger:

click here

Worked first time out of the box, so to speak.

Maybe you and your family could try that?

Bye for now.

AubreyS 21:45 04 Aug 04

Check to make sure you have the latest version of MSN. click here myself and a friend had this problem for a long time. They brought out an update a few months ago and the problem now seems to have been resolved.

If that fails to work, you could try Yahoo messenger. click here I used it until MSN was sorted out.

Good luck.

loftroom 13:40 05 Aug 04

thanks Kwak & AubreyS, i have tried Yahoo some time ago and i know it works, but it has windows all over the place, and can get rather poor quality video. I still feel that Msn is far superior from an aesthetic point of view, and ease of use -if it were'nt for this audio problem. I'll just just hang in there for a while and see what develops.

loftroom 13:41 05 Aug 04

thanks Kwak & AubreyS, i have tried Yahoo some time ago and i know it works, but it has windows all over the place, and can get rather poor quality video. I still feel that Msn is far superior from an aesthetic point of view, and ease of use -if it were'nt for this audio problem. I'll just just hang in there for a while and see what develops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…