Audio is lost when mic is plugged in??

jambodirect 23:44 14 Jun 14

So today I have fitted a new AMD 6 core processor. I get into a skype call with my friend and he tells me tha my mic (Blue Snowball) is poor quality. So I go to look to see if its using the right mic, to find its no longer being called 'Blue Snowball USB), but instead Audio (10- USB Audio Device). So I fiddle around setting it as my default mic, turning my on and off, changing the USB slot it was plugged into. Now, the mic is being read, however when its plugged in, I loose all sound, from everything (Games, Chrome, EVERYTHING).

I have been looking for help but just keep getting trolls saying turn the USB upside down.

T I M B O 07:56 17 Jun 14

From many years of sound experience of sound on computers, one thing I have found is that USB mic's are actually a waste of time. You need to get a mic that has a 3.5mm jack connection & this way you can then use the sound software that comes with the sound card. USB mic's bypass all settings. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…