//some 3rd party need geo

audio driver for eTower PC

Simon Fraser 22:13 16 May 03

I am trying to rebuild a 3-4 year old PC. I have the hardware and a Win98 SE disk. I have installed Win98 and all required drives except for the audio sub-system which is based on an on-board chip. I have been unable to establish the chip maker and have no driver for it. The PC is an emachines eTower 566 (=Celeron 566MHz). I think the motherboard was made by TriGem Computers Inc.

Please can anyone point me to a Win98 audio driver for the on-board chip?

VMT Simon Fraser

Giggle n' Bits 22:17 16 May 03

The audio chip will be a black square chip on the motherboard and will be named with a model No.

Possibly CMI83xx or CTxxxx, ESSxxxx ?

post back if you happen to get the chip name or just right them all down.

jazzypop 22:25 16 May 03
  Belatucadrus 22:26 16 May 03

click here for a list of emachines audio drivers for Windows

Simon Fraser 22:46 16 May 03

Spacer,
Thanks, but no. The PC was bought from PC World 3, possibly 4 years ago. There are nine chips with a dimension greater than 1/2 ich. None bears a marking similar to your suggestions.

The machine was a cheapie - £500 all up for the system, monitor, keyboars, mouse and speakers! No comment. I am trying to resurrect it for my granddaughter.

Simon Fraser 22:46 16 May 03

Spacer,
Thanks, but no. The PC was bought from PC World 3, possibly 4 years ago. There are nine chips with a dimension greater than 1/2 ich. None bears a marking similar to your suggestions.

The machine was a cheapie - £500 all up for the system, monitor, keyboars, mouse and speakers! No comment. I am trying to resurrect it for my granddaughter.

Simon Fraser 23:07 16 May 03

Hi, guys,

Many thanks for your help. Problem solved. One happy granddaughter (and one very relieved grandfather!!) SF

woodchip 23:08 16 May 03

Try Belarc click here it may reveal what the sound chip is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…