audio driver?

denis93c 16:14 10 Aug 05

from previous thread click here i have downloaded sandra lite to identify computer,it is a "compaq presario 6254ea".
i cannot get into the bios to check audio driver.
what can i do,holding delete when starting up is very restrive,is it possible to remove "compaq`s start up screen and it`s instruction`s?

Stuartli 16:25 10 Aug 05

There is little point in starting new threads on the same subject - it becomes impossible for potential helpers to ascertain the nature of the problem unless they go a'hunting'

You don't go into the Bios to "check" an audio driver, only to Disable or Enable onboard sound if you have it.

You are probably thinking of Device Manager (My Computer>Properties>Hardware tab>Device Manager).

You can check the status of your system by clicking on your particular hardware or whatever, highlighting it and choosing Properties; various tabs will be available including Drivers.

Stuartli 16:25 10 Aug 05

..should be a'huntin' ,,:-)

denis93c 16:31 10 Aug 05

sorry i am desperate Stuartli,i looked in device manager no audio driver there.
what can i do,heeeeeeeellllp.

Stuartli 16:40 10 Aug 05

Do you have any form of sound card installed or do you use onboard sound?

If you have a soundcard it will be listed in Sound, Audio and Video Controllers in Device Manager.

Do as described above and check the Drivers tab.

If it says it is working properly, check the menu on the first tab and ensure that Enable This Device is selected.

denis93c 16:43 10 Aug 05

no audio drivers present

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:52 10 Aug 05

I have notice you have a compaq presario you dont need to look in bios for sound drivers they are backed up on your model in start>all programs>compaq>compaq pc tools>compaq aplication recovery. when the program starts up click the driver installation option then next then tick the realtek audio driver then install.

Stuartli 16:58 10 Aug 05

Let's hope that's the answer...:-)

You may still have to check in the Bios if onboard sound is Enabled after installing the drivers (I'm assuming it's onboard sound as Realtek is mentioned).

denis93c 17:04 10 Aug 05

yes that would be good if the people we bought it of had the disc,but alas they did not,sigh!

ACOLYTE 17:07 10 Aug 05

They should be in on the hard drive already on a partition,i dont think it asks for the disc,but then again maybe it does.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:10 10 Aug 05

the compaq presario rang comes with the standard realtek audio driver cheap and basic machines Some manufacturers have their own way for entering BIOS as shown below Compaq - F10
Compaq Presario - Press <Alt> <Ctrl> <Esc> at boot when you see the "Compaq" log in big letters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac