Audio device not running

tphillips10 02 Sep 11

My computer volume is muted and when I click on it the message said Audio Service Not Running. I have tried clicking on the sounds button but that tells me, the computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled. It then asks me, Would you like to enable the Windows Audio Service? I have clicked on yes, but then it still does not solve the problem. Please help!

buteman 02 Sep 11

Try going into services and scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure it is set to automatic.

Or go into device manager and roll back your sound driver in case you had an update from microsoft.

tphillips10 02 Sep 11

Cheers buteman will try that now, but where do I find Windows Audio on Windows Vista?

finerty 02 Sep 11

driver disc reinstall

buteman 02 Sep 11

Not sure on Vista.On XP it was Control panel.Administrative tools.Services.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message