audio cd's

frasernet 20:38 23 Nov 03

can anyone help? i recently replaced my lite-on cd writer after 2 years faithful service due to a breakdown with another brand new lite-on 52327s. I used to be able to play all audio cd's on my main stereo system in my lounge, a jvc mini system, nothing special, but IT DID used to play cdr's. However since replacing the writer i find that it wont play cdr's, although they will play on the kids portable systems and in my car. I have updated the firmware, i have upgraded nero, but nothing works. I am using the same cdr media, maxell, i am running xp home, have a pentium 3 800mhz with 512 ram. any ideas before i have to go and buy another writer, if all else fails can anyone recommend a foolproof writer that wont cost the earth.please help.

©®@$? 21:13 23 Nov 03

thats strange

have you got any of the media that you copied with your old cd rw, and try that on the hifi see if it still plays.maybe the hifi lens needs cleaning?

could just be a co-incedent

i use clone cd to backup my music cd's it does exact one to one copies..maybe worth a try get a trial download from click here

Dipso 21:45 23 Nov 03

Does JVC recommend that you play CD R's on your system? It's just that I have a JVC system which seems to have been killed off by playing CD R's on it. It won't recognise any CD's now at all. I know it seems to much of a coincidence as you have had no problem up to now...it's just a thought.

hugh-265156 22:13 23 Nov 03

are you now burning at a higher speed with the new writer?

try a slower speed.x4/x8 for example.

frasernet 22:21 23 Nov 03

tried that, no joy. consider myself a bit of an expert on cd burning, nothing has changed other that the burner, i have read loads of stuff about this burner and can find no-one having simialer problems.

madPentium 22:53 23 Nov 03

I assume you are closing the session? but I dont know if some audio equipment can read open session. Are you finalising the burn?

frasernet 23:05 23 Nov 03

yes i am finalising the cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…