Audio CD Burning

Kishore 11:20 23 Sep 03

I compiled and burnt an audio CD using RealOne Player interface. The media it was burnt on to was HIGH SPEED 4-10X Compatible CD-RW.
The end result works(plays)fine on my CD and DVD player on my computer but it will not play on the CD player on my HI FI system.
Where have I gone wrong.
(I am a complete novice on this subject!!)

MAJ 11:22 23 Sep 03

Not all Hi-Fi systems will play CD-RWs use a CD-R instead.

Kishore 11:35 23 Sep 03

Thanks MAJ I will try what you suggested. But first I will have to go and buy some blank CD-R.

MAJ 11:39 23 Sep 03

They're (CD-Rs) cheaper and much more reliable, as well, Kishore.

Stuartli 12:44 23 Sep 03

..and you can use CD-Rs in multisession mode to save wasting them....

I use them for storing small utilities, programs etc and only finalise them when the disk is full.

brittas 14:27 23 Sep 03

did you finalize the cd ???
it seems obvious but "not finalized" cd's will play on pc's but not on hi-fi !!!

Simsy 17:00 23 Sep 03

to "burn" CD-RW is different to that used when burning CDR's, (with respect to the innards of the device)...

One of the consequencies of this is that the material used for CDRW is less reflective than CDRs... as a result they are more difficult to read and most domestic Audio CD players can't cope.

Though some of the latest units can cope the current best advice is not to use CDRW if the intent is to paly back on an audio player.

Regards,

Simsy

Kishore 23:26 23 Sep 03

Thanks for the help. The problem has been resolved by burning on CD-R media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…