Audio card drivers won't load

Storic12 21:40 16 Mar 11

I have an Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard, AMD Atholon II X3 435 cpu, 4GB (2 x 2GB) memory and am running Windows 7 professional. (Everything in Bios is set at auto - no overclocking.)
Despite downloading the latest drivers for onboard sound, it doesn't work. I have disabled this and installed an Asus Xonia DG, which is supposedly compatible with Win 7. The drivers for this will not load. They get about a quarter of the way through and then request a restart.
After restart, Windows informs me that there is no audio device installed and there is a problem with the driver.
Have downloaded the latest drivers, tried installing in again and also in "Safe Mode" - zilch!
What am I neglecting to do? Help please.

northumbria61 23:34 16 Mar 11

Don't know where you obtained your driver but try a different download - click here

Storic12 07:26 17 Mar 11

Thanks for that pointer.
I am going to remove Windows 7 and re-install it, but will download the driver from that website first.
Trouble is, I have an appallingly slow internet connection and these drivers could be becoming corrupt in the downloading. :-(
Thanks again.

northumbria61 11:55 17 Mar 11

If you know someone with a computer and faster internet connection you could download from there onto a USB device or CD/DVD for use on your own PC.

Storic12 21:41 17 Mar 11

Thanks again for your help. I have at last got the sound card to work in Windows 7, but to do this, I had to install the sound drivers before I installed the MB and Graphic cards drivers.
In fact I had to install the MB drivers last, because they appeared to be causing all sorts of problems.
Anyway, alls well that ends well and thanks again for your help. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac