Audigy2 Platinum ZS Messing with my Broadband?

OldBaldy 22:11 08 Nov 03

I have 1MB Broadband from Telewest and just fitted a nice shiny new Audigy2 Platinum ZS - when i boot now i need to disable the NIC the cable modem is attached to, then re-enable it before i get a net connection. Pretty sure it isnt a windows problem as I did a full reinstall the other day and it didnt change anythin.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be causing a problem? Only thing that springs to mind is that I have the PC initialising a hell of a lot more hardware than is in the average PC (whats average???) and the audigy did add another firewire connector (well 2 incl front panel) which appears in Network Adapters under XP Pro

hugh-265156 00:34 09 Nov 03

not sure,i have the blaster 5.1 live digital jobby but have you tried the latest drivers click here and also check out click here fourms may be helpful and the chat link,looks good(mon-fri only,have not needed to use myself)

hugh-265156 00:39 09 Nov 03

ps. make sure any onboard audio is disabled in your bios and if you have xp have a look in device manager/sound video and game controllers/properties to check drivers are installed ok or for conflicts with other devices.

have a check in control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/event viewer for errors aswell that might help point to the problem.

OldBaldy 03:34 09 Nov 03

Onboard audio and midi/game disabled, and was before i reinstalled windows - no conflicts that i can see - might try disabling the Firewire on the audigy see if that helps - i have 3 firewire ports on a riser from the mobo and no use for em anyway.... Nothin useful in the logs, but thanks for the suggestion...

david.h 12:23 09 Nov 03

have you tried the audigy helpline which will be in the bits in the packaging, they answer the phone quickly and are very helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…