Audigy to Speakers problem

Thurrafork 11:01 13 Jun 06

I have an Audigy 4 card (with its associated Creative software bundle) and 5.1 speakers. But lately I've noticed I only seem to be getting stereo output. If I go to sound devices in control panel I see that the speaker setting occassionally defaults to a 2 speaker set up, I change it to 5.1, but still my output is stereo. In the Creative control panel, even though it is set to conform to windows control panel settings, it is set to 2 speakers, but the drop down menu is empty so I do not even have the option of setting 5.1. Anyone got an idea how I can get round this?

Totally-braindead 11:22 13 Jun 06

What I would try initially is deleting and reinstalling the drivers and software, perhaps looking to see if theres newer update available from the soundblaster webssite.

Grantrh 12:05 13 Jun 06

I have exactly the same problem as you but on my Audigy 2 - I have always resolved it by doing as totally-braindead says, reinstalling the drivers and software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…