Audigy Sound Card Problems

minkey182 00:51 13 Dec 04

hey,
I have a Mesh PC with XP and a preinstalled Audigy soundcard. Recently i encountered a serious error with my HDD and was forced to format. After reinstalling drivers and programs i realised that my computer wasn't acknowledging the presence of my Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Pro sound card. I have tried to install sound blaster software but it said that my hardware is not installed correctly. All connections between the sound card and the computer seem to be correct. This problem never occured before the pc was formatted. Any help would be appreciated.

Mikey

Diodorus Siculus 08:12 13 Dec 04

Remove it from the device manager and reboot; Windows may well pick it up again.

minkey182 12:52 13 Dec 04

The sound card doesn't show up on the device manager.

PSF 12:58 13 Dec 04

You could try moving the card to the next pci slot, when you re-boot it should be picked up.

minkey182 16:57 13 Dec 04

I've moved the sound card to a new pci slot but to no avail. its still not registering.

buscrew 17:30 13 Dec 04

Does your M/B have onboard sound? if so this may have enabled itself in BIOS after the re-install. Reboot and enter BIOS and look for an option for ONBOARD DEVICES or something similar and check for onboard sound, disable it if it is there press F10 and save, exit out and reboot to see if your Audigy card is detected.

minkey182 17:46 13 Dec 04

How do i enter BIOS?

PSF 19:30 13 Dec 04

Restart the pc and there should be a message telling you how to enter the bios. A typical way is the 'del' key.

As soon as you pc boot your start tapping the 'del' key, you should then enter the bios. Have a look in the for the on-board devices and disable the on-board sound.

To enable/disable the sound you will either press enter on the highlighted function, or use the page up/down keys. There is a help screen on the right normally telling you what to press.

Once you have done that press escape and choose save settings to cmos. the pc will then re boot and the card should be detected.

minkey182 00:18 14 Dec 04

The onboard sound wasn't turned on. I have noticed that when the computer is on with the sound card connected there and some audio options that appear on the hardware list. ("creative audigy processor [WDM]" and "Creative Game Port") These do not appear when the sound card is physically disconnected from the PCI slot.

PSF 00:36 14 Dec 04

Have you tried to run the diagnostics from All programs>>> creative>>> sound blaster audigy>>>creative diagnostics.

Mysticnas 00:43 14 Dec 04

"creative audigy processor [WDM]" and "Creative Game Port"

This is your sound card mate.

Download all the latest drives from the creative site. They fix a lot of bugs. There have been quite a lot of updates for the audigy cards. I think they've compiled them into various single downloads.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…