Audigy s/card not working after new mobo installed

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 14:36 29 Apr 03

I have just installed a new mobo but now my sound card won't work. I have disabled and enabled onboard sound to see if that helped, but nothing.

The weird thing is is that it installed ok. It was detected too.

I have checked the settings in windows but nothing.

I am having to use on-board sound at the moment...not happy.

Could i have frazzled it?

If so, why does everything else work fine such as graphics card/usb hub/dial up modem etc

Help me!

AndySD 15:31 29 Apr 03

What is you Operating System (as I cant remember) and did you format and reinstall the Operating System after changing the motherboard. If not did you remove the old motherboard drivers and install the new motherboard drivers.

Win XP Home and yes i did remove old and add new.

regards

OneSirKnight 16:18 29 Apr 03

Is your speaker icon showing on your task bar next to the clock?

AndySD 16:30 29 Apr 03

Lets go about it the long way arround.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the Creative Software. Turn off the pc and remove the card. Boot into windows and see if there is any software loaded for the onboard sound if so remove it. Reboot into the Bios and disable the onboard sound. Boot into safe mode and make sure that there are no sound entries left in Device Manager.

Turn off the pc and reinstall the soundcard (preferably in a different pci slot) Reboot into Windows and install the drivers and software.

PSF 16:36 29 Apr 03

Check all the speaker plugs are in fully, it might be an idea to unplug and refit them to make sure there is a good connection.

bdub 17:39 29 Apr 03

Silly question, did you install all the sound drivers/software from the mobo disk,I had the same problem and only the ob sound worked (using windows default drivers).For some reason it is quite difficult if it doesnt install first time.

LastChip 00:03 30 Apr 03

So he's asked for the following to be posted for him.

Sorry for the delay but it wouldn't let me post for some reason and said i had an incorrect url or something.

Anyway...i have tried everything that has been suggested but to no avail.

OneSirKnight...icon wasn't there originally but i have put it there myself now

bdub...i didn't install any of the drivers from mobo disk as i didn't think i had to...as i thought that the soundcard drivers would have been on soundcard disk....am i wrong?

Djohn 02:06 30 Apr 03

Just to make sure! ;o)

========================================

Sorry for the delay but it wouldn't let me post for some reason and said i had an incorrect url or something.

Anyway...i have tried everything that has been suggested but to no avail.

OneSirKnight...icon wasn't there originally but i have put it there myself now

bdub...i didn't install any of the drivers from mobo disk as i didn't think i had to...as i thought that the soundcard drivers would have been on soundcard disk....am i wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…