Audigy not installed correctly?

Jamesy 21:03 23 Jan 04

My Audigy on my XP machine seems unable to reinstall after a recent format of the hard disk. Upon installation of Creative drivers for the product, I'm confronted with the message "setup could not detect any sound blaster product in your system" and the installation ends, although the card is definitely connected properly.

In control panel I try and "add hardware" to see a list of hardware that is already installed but no drivers have been installed, and for some reason 2 (?) "Multimedia Audio Controllers" are present, even though I only have one audio device. Anyway I try and install one of them through that menu and no drivers are found, but with my audigy cd in the drive the other audio controller in the list finds basic drivers and installs.

Yet for some reason with these drivers I can only get sound out of 1 of my 5 speakers and the sub, even though I choose 5.1 surround sound in speaker setup?!

Any ideas people?

Big Elf 22:23 23 Jan 04

It it a PCI card? If so remove it and clean the gold connectors gently with an eraser and re-insert. Also I know it's obvious but check the cables are connected properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…