Audigy 4 - Empty speaker options dropdown menu?!

Thurrafork 18:32 11 Jul 07

Hi folks
Yep, that's the problem. I have an Audigy 4 card, and in the speaker settings tab the dropdown box (which usually contains choices from 'Headphones' to 7.1) is empty.
This problem has happened several times over the years for me. Not a major problem as it usually gets stuck in the 5.1 speaker setting, which is what I generally use, but on occasion I like to switch to headphones.
In the past everything goes back to normal (ie a full range of speaker options) if I reinstall the software or reinstall/upgrade the driver, but inevitably after a few months the box'll be empty again.
Is there a known solution to this problem other than reintallation of the software?

ICF 18:43 11 Jul 07

You could try on the website a get an updated driver.It auto detects your card type and tells you if there is any new software or drivers for your card.click here

Thurrafork 19:01 11 Jul 07

Thanks for the quick reply ICF. I tried that however, I have the latest drivers. There is some software there but it seems more peripheral, eg for creative dvd players/rippers etc.
Also I was hoping there was a way to address the issue that causes this rather than simply re/installing software.
Any ideas?

Thurrafork 16:53 13 Jul 07

Well I turned on my pc today and as well as the empty speaker settings menu, the output had switched to stereo speakers only. I checked the sound settings in control panel and that said 5.1, but although the 'sync with control panel' box was checked, my output was just stereo.
I reinstalled the creative drivers and that solved the problem, but what could be causing this in the first place?!
Anyone else experienced this problem?

ICF 07:26 14 Jul 07

My settings used to change from 5.1 to stereo but this has not happened for a quite a while.I don't know why it did it though sorry.

HCOOH 09:17 14 Jul 07

I have an Audigy 2 ZS platinum and I had the problem once, reloading a part of the software package fixed it. It is not the Audigy driver as such, I cannot remember whether it's the EAX, the Audio console or some other part that fixed it, as you know the software has many parts, have you been to Creative and checked the autoupdate function.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…