audible alarm for caps laock

jocelynmor 12:10 PM 21 Jul 11

Please can someone help me. I know there is a way of putting an audiblr alarm on the caps lock so it beeps if you accidently press it, but I can't remember how to do it. I have Windows Vista. Many thanks.

Zurdo 12:25 PM 21 Jul 11

See link text

I have a Sony Vaio laptop but I still can't get the sound to work on my machine. The method works with the other comps I have though.

TonyV 12:29 PM 21 Jul 11

jocelynmor

Try going to Start/Control Panel/Accessibility Options then look at Toggle Keys under the Keyboard Tab. Put a tick in the 'Toggle Keys' box, and click on Apply/OK.

That is what is says for XP so presumably something similar will function in Vista.

Cheers

TonyV

robin_x 12:55 PM 21 Jul 11

Small 3rd party util with SysTray Icon, Overlay box and discreet clicks for CapsNum and Scroll locks.

http://download.cnet.com/NumCapsScroll-Indicator/3000-2072_4-10604212.html?tag=mncol;6

Took me a couple of mins fiddling to get it off the clock and set always on top, and other few options.

But it's a good little util if LEDS are hard to see. eg on laptops.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites