audible alarm for caps laock

jocelynmor 12:10 PM 21 Jul 11

Please can someone help me. I know there is a way of putting an audiblr alarm on the caps lock so it beeps if you accidently press it, but I can't remember how to do it. I have Windows Vista. Many thanks.

Zurdo 12:25 PM 21 Jul 11

See link text

I have a Sony Vaio laptop but I still can't get the sound to work on my machine. The method works with the other comps I have though.

TonyV 12:29 PM 21 Jul 11

Try going to Start/Control Panel/Accessibility Options then look at Toggle Keys under the Keyboard Tab. Put a tick in the 'Toggle Keys' box, and click on Apply/OK.

That is what is says for XP so presumably something similar will function in Vista.

robin_x 12:55 PM 21 Jul 11

Small 3rd party util with SysTray Icon, Overlay box and discreet clicks for CapsNum and Scroll locks.;6

Took me a couple of mins fiddling to get it off the clock and set always on top, and other few options.

But it's a good little util if LEDS are hard to see. eg on laptops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued