Audacity Experts Needed - MP3 Export

Pesala 16:57 29 May 04

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Audacity 1.2 and I am trying to reduce the size of some MP3 files.

The files are hour long talks, of around 15 to 20 Mbytes. I have permission to put them on CD from the Author.

If I can save 10% or so it will be worthwhile, but obviously I want to retain the best quality. A bitrate of about 40 seems to be the lowest acceptable, but the sound quality is still a bit noisy (slight hiss). What settings can I adjust to reduce this?

I am also trying Ogg Vorbis format. Will everyone be able to play this if it turns out to be more compact?

powerless 17:02 29 May 04

I am also trying Ogg Vorbis format. Will everyone be able to play this if it turns out to be more compact?

Most Likely you would need the plugin.

Winamp supports it v5.

WMP - Not sure...

RP - Not sure...

QT - Most unlikely...

Pesala 17:13 29 May 04

21 Mbytes increased to 28 Mbytes, so MP3 looks like the format to concentrate on for the moment. I will upload a 15 second test sample for people to listen to. I will update it as I try different recommendations to improve the quality/size ratio.

click here

The bitrate was 40 on this first sample.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…