audacity does not record anything

howard64 20:46 03 Jul 07

I have recently built a new pc - core 2 duo 2GB ram win xp sp2. I have downloaded audacity but it fails to find the real player streaming radio. The graph shows an almost straight line and the only sound recorded is a faint hum. My old pc still records perfectly using audacity. I have obviously missed a setting somewhere on the new one and would be obliged if someone could point me to it. Or any other prog that can record from a streaming audio. Thanks in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 03 Jul 07

What is the source of Audacity's sound? It needs to be something to the effect of "what you hear" or speaker output or the like - sorry, I can't recall exactly...

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 03 Jul 07

What is the source of Audacity's sound? It needs to be something to the effect of "what you hear" or speaker output or the like - sorry, I can't recall exactly...

Eric10 22:05 03 Jul 07

Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that Audacity is designed to record streaming audio. Check this link for more info and programs click here.

Diodorus Siculus 23:21 03 Jul 07

I use Audacity to record from BBC streaming; only thing it is on my XP machine and I am booted onto Vista now so haven't had time to check settings.

I'll boot into XP in the morning and see where we get to :)

Giant68 23:28 03 Jul 07

I have used Total Recorder from click here with great success. You have to pay fro it though, but only something like $11
I believe that there are some problems using any streaming audio recorder with Vista as DRM seems to block a lot of it.

Regards

Giant68

howard64 11:38 04 Jul 07

thanks all I have downloaded the beta and that is exactly the same as the older version - so no improvement so far.

howard64 14:23 05 Jul 07

thanks Marg7 but I do not have an option to set the default recording device to wave.

howard64 14:47 05 Jul 07

yes been in there as you suggested but no option to set up wave

howard64 14:53 05 Jul 07

just soundmax HD audio

howard64 14:58 05 Jul 07

yes I have clicked it like you said originally but there is no option for wave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…