Audacity. Deleting Noises etc.

Bingalau 15:35 11 Dec 07

I have just started trying to use Audacity to convert a few old 78's to CD. I have had no problem getting the process as far as converting it to a Wav file and it plays back o.k. at the right speed etc. But still with plenty of snap, crackles and pops. I have no instruction leaflet or manual to go with the Ion turntable I bought. The leaflet is just basic and tells me how to get as far as I have got. But there is nothing to tell me how to use Audacity to delete the noises etc. Anybody got nice simple answers for a nice simple guy? Please! Maybe Audacity does it automatically but if it does then I had better forget any further recording of 78's as they must be too far gone...

MCE2K5 15:46 11 Dec 07

Read this for now, click here.

Got to go out, I'll Be back later, If you get stuck.

octal 15:52 11 Dec 07

There is a manual on the Audacity site click here there might be something in there, I haven't yet looked myself.

octal 15:57 11 Dec 07

In fact there is a whole section devoted to noise removal in the right hand column.

click here

Bingalau 16:39 11 Dec 07

MCE2K5 and octal... Many thanks. I have saved those sites in my favourites and now I can read through them and inwardly digest them at leisure.. They appear to be just what I wanted at first glance... You have come up trumps again... I will tick this thread now and I can always come back later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5