Audacity

Ade_1 17:17 23 Mar 06

Hi, i aam wanting to record what is being played on my computer i used to use Skado but that ran out of trial, and i heard from a friend that its possible to use Audacity but i dont know how to do this.

octal 17:31 23 Mar 06

Have you downloaded Audacity? click here

Its simple enough, all you do is click the record button and it will record the data stream from the sound card.

Ade_1 17:39 23 Mar 06

Hi,
i have audacity but had it on my comp for a while and never really used it, ill try a newer version see what happens thanks.

octal 17:42 23 Mar 06

By the way, once its captured the stream, you will be able to save it as various formats like wav, mp3 or ogg.

Ade_1 17:45 23 Mar 06

hm.. i pressed record but its not recording, its recording from Line in. The options i have are Line in, Mic and Rear Mic. Is there another setting where i can get it to record on my computer as i dont hitnk i can using the options that i have just listed.

octal 17:48 23 Mar 06

I'm using the Linux version, but I think its the same, I'll check, by the way you have turned the slider up next to the mic symbol?

Ade_1 17:50 23 Mar 06

well i wasnt planning on recording from the mic, i was planning on recording what was on the computer, say if i was listening to the radio for example on the computer and i wanted to record it. Apparently you can record using audacity but i can only seem to record from a mic

octal 17:54 23 Mar 06

OK, found it, there is a radio button to the right of the mic slider, click on it and select Vol that will let you record from the sound card and use the mic slider to control the input level.

Ade_1 18:00 23 Mar 06

i am unable to see it unfortunately i apologies for my ineptness but unless its my version i dont knwo but i cant see it, would it be possible to do a quick screenshot as i cant see it. Apologies again

Ade_1 18:02 23 Mar 06

unless you would like me to do a screenshot so you can see what i mean

Ade_1 18:08 23 Mar 06

here is what its like for me click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant