ATX PSU..12v Power connector..?

BJQ 16:22 17 Nov 04

I am trying to upgrade and have fitted a new MSI KM3M-V MBoard which appears to have an extra PSU 4 pin 12v socket ..My PSU although stating it is ATX does not have the extra 4 pin plug ..New system with Sempron 2400 does not seem to work without this extra supply .
1. Please tell me is this the problem.
2. What PSU will I need to order is this new type known as ATX 12V..?

Dorsai 17:39 17 Nov 04

I dont know what you want, but you could try contacting click here they sell PSU's, and hopefully will be able to reccomen, via e-mail, not only one that will fit, but one that is also nice and quiet.

Rayuk 18:58 17 Nov 04

Your problem may be with the motherboard bios not accepting the new Sempron cpu and needs flashing first[you will have to use an old cpu to do this unfortunately]
Will go and check with msis website.

Rayuk 19:15 17 Nov 04

You will need a new power supply as the 4Pin plug is to power the cpu itself.
So maybe that is your first and only problem.
You will need an ATX power supply that is P4 ready this may seem strange but I have only come across MSI that use the 4 pin on an AMD setup.

Rayuk 19:16 17 Nov 04

Should have said Socket A boards as my Athlon64 board also uses this power line[Abit Socket939]

BJQ 13:46 18 Nov 04

Thanks Dorsai and RayUk for confirming what I thought was the problem ..I am buying a new ATX PSU with the extra 12v 4 pin plug...
It seems that Buyers of the MSI KM3M-V.Motherboard....for an upgrade...should beware ! and be sure they check that their PSU is fitted with the additional 4 pin 12v plug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…