ATX Power connector problem-Asus A8V-E Deluxe

Giggle n' Bits 23:05 06 Sep 05

Ok, got my new motherboard a Asus A8V-E Duluxe which I got the Athlon XP 64, Memory, PCI Express Card fitted then went to connect the ATX Power connector which to my shock wouldn't fit and after looking my new Coolermaster ATX 430Watt PSU has 20 pin and the motherboard EATX which is labled has 24 pin.

Is this a none UK Supplied motherboard or is there a new ATX which is genuinly EATX or am I missing something ?

Has anyone come accross this problem or has this motherboard and knows what I am trying to do is wrong. Do I need something like a special EATX Power Supply I wonder HELP

woodchip 23:09 06 Sep 05

The 20 pin should fit from pin one on the motherboard, the pin socket may fit and fill the other pins. look close at motherboard corners of the PSU socket for pin 1

woodchip 23:09 06 Sep 05

PS check the Manual it may say something about it

GaT7 23:14 06 Sep 05

I reckon a 20 to 24-pin adaptor should do click here. G

Giggle n' Bits 23:16 06 Sep 05

If I plug in the PSU to the Motherboard there are 4 pin holes free and they are needed to be filled hence a connector with 24 pin and not the 20 pin standard thing is do they exhist ?

I have read the Motherboard and states 24 pin PSU's I have seen are 20pin !

Giggle n' Bits 23:18 06 Sep 05

thanks for that link now were getting somewhere eh.

is it normal to have to do this as I pacifically purchased a ATX PSU which had SATA Molex now I carn't win.

GaT7 23:21 06 Sep 05

Standard Molex to SATA Molex adaptors are also available, so a new PSU may not have been necessary depending on the specs of previous one. G

Stuartli 23:24 06 Sep 05

Check if your power supply has the four-pin connection available.

PSUs rated as suitable for Pentium P4s should feature this connection.

Some info:

click here

BigMoFoT 23:25 06 Sep 05

pin adapter should work but I would serioulsy consider looking into a PSU that is supplied with a 24 pin ATX especially if you have 64 BIT and PCI-E. You need to be looking at dedicated power rails and quality power provision - reason why it is 24 pin is because of the power consumption.. If you've spent a bob or 2 on your initial setup another £70 for an excellent PSU won't hurt will it?

I have a 480w Tagan TG480 which comes with 20/24 pin ATX, additional 12v (MY Asus board requires the additional 12v connector as well as the 24 pin ATX)plus dual PCI-E. I have all these connected plus 2 hard drives a DVD-RW plus a few other bits. Never had any problems plus it's dead quiet - A good PSU makes all the differnce, oh and go for the modular ones they are ace for cable managment
click here

What does everyone else reckon?

Giggle n' Bits 23:34 06 Sep 05

Crossbow7
M8t Stuartli
Aslo BigMoFoT

Looks like new PSU with beef is the way to go.

One more please.

If i got a PSU anywhere between say 450watt - 6xx watt is there any problems if I was to have too much of a Wattage rated PSU.

Please

GaT7 23:36 06 Sep 05

I agree with BigMoFoT. I would first try to exchange the Coolermaster 20-pin PSU for a dedicated 24-pin major brand PSU, like the Tagan TG480. If that didn't work out, I would still go ahead & purchase the 24-pin one & flog the Coolermaster on Ebay. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…