ATX +3.3v is not stable

Londoner1 19:26 03 Mar 06

My computers ATX +3.3v is not stable. It flactuates between 3.3 and 2.94. Nothing seems go wrong with the computer but an alarms comes on when +3.3v falls to +3.18v. The alarm comes from Abit EQ, a watchdog software to the health of the computer, came with the motherboard. To stop the alarm I usually put the software off. now does this mean any thing seriously wrong? Please help.

Regards

Joe R 19:49 03 Mar 06

Londoner1,

I believe the safe fluctuations level is around 10% above and below.
Your figures are not far outside this, and nothing seems to be going wrong. It Could also be a possible software problem.

Totally-braindead 19:59 03 Mar 06

You do not mention the make of the power supply. Its probably a cheap one and therefore will fluctuate more than an expensive one. If the PC runs ok then I wouldn't worry too much about it unless its a new problem with an older computer in which case it may be a sign the power supply is starting to fail and you may be better getting a replacement.

Londoner1 08:50 08 Mar 06

Many thanks for your responses. The problem was caused by loose power supply line to the motherboard. After tightening it, the atx +3.3v started to fluctuuate between the safe range, 3.36 and 3.38. The problem completely disappeared.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…