ATX +3.3v is not stable

Londoner1 19:26 03 Mar 06

My computers ATX +3.3v is not stable. It flactuates between 3.3 and 2.94. Nothing seems go wrong with the computer but an alarms comes on when +3.3v falls to +3.18v. The alarm comes from Abit EQ, a watchdog software to the health of the computer, came with the motherboard. To stop the alarm I usually put the software off. now does this mean any thing seriously wrong? Please help.

Regards

Joe R 19:49 03 Mar 06

Londoner1,

I believe the safe fluctuations level is around 10% above and below.
Your figures are not far outside this, and nothing seems to be going wrong. It Could also be a possible software problem.

Totally-braindead 19:59 03 Mar 06

You do not mention the make of the power supply. Its probably a cheap one and therefore will fluctuate more than an expensive one. If the PC runs ok then I wouldn't worry too much about it unless its a new problem with an older computer in which case it may be a sign the power supply is starting to fail and you may be better getting a replacement.

Londoner1 08:50 08 Mar 06

Many thanks for your responses. The problem was caused by loose power supply line to the motherboard. After tightening it, the atx +3.3v started to fluctuuate between the safe range, 3.36 and 3.38. The problem completely disappeared.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac