Atto.dat files

amyjen7 18:30 09 Nov 08

I posted this message earlier without details necessary to answer. I run Windows Vista Home Edition Premium with Microsoft Word & Works 2007 but have not configured Outlook 2007. I sometimes get email photo attachments from family in Atto.dat format. When I attempt to open them Photo Gallery opens with the message"Photo Gallery can't open, file format is not supported or you don't have the latest up dates" I hope someone can tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Sea Urchin 18:53 09 Nov 08

You had the answer from VoG™ on your previous post

amyjen7 17:53 10 Nov 08

Unfortunately VoG asked for more information but getting this to him was impossible as the email system was taking for ever to transfer, so I thought it simpler to post a new question. To reiterate, I would like to know how to open Atto.dat files. I run Vista Home Premium, have both Works & Word 2007, along with Outlook which I have not configured. Please be patient with me and help get this problem sorted as I am dying to see the photos my brother has sent from Australia

Thank you

Kind regards

VoG II 18:11 10 Nov 08

I didn't ask for anything! I gave a link to a website.

Previous thread click here

Pineman100 18:15 10 Nov 08

The freeware image editing package that seems to recognise the widest range of file formats (so far as I know) is probably Irfanview. click here

But if that doesn't help, why not just ask your family to send the image files in a more conventional format - like jpeg?

Pineman100 18:16 10 Nov 08

I was typing as you posted.

Sea Urchin 18:16 10 Nov 08

VoG™ was not asking for more info - rather showing you the means to open your attachments. You need to save the attachment/s to your PC (desktop for convenience) then open the link and browse to the first one and follow the instructions. What size are the individual photos, because it will only handle a maximum of 5MB.

I'll repeat the link here for you

click here

Sea Urchin 18:17 10 Nov 08

.....and so was I

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant