attempting to upgrade ram

gartoye 16:45 03 Mar 05

i am attempting to increase the performance of my pc and was advised to get some ram, but to be careful to get the correct type as theres several types and its usually non-exchangable once purchased.
in my mainboard manual (its a ECS Elite group k7s51) it specifies having 2 slots for sdram and 2 for ddr, with max installed memory of 1gb,it supports sdram upto 133mhz and ddr upto 266mhz. i currently have one 512mb pc133 sdram module fitted.
i was all set to go out and get two 512mb ddr modules when i decided to let Crucial Technology scan my system for memory upgrade options. the report stated max memory capacity 512mb. i thought i could have 1gb, whats the score here? also, what 'pc' type memory should i get? (e.g pc2700). the report also advised i had a front side bus speed of 66mhz, isnt this really slow?

JonnyTub 16:55 03 Mar 05

use crucial's memory selector tool to ensure you pick the right type click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…