Attempt at secure network causes problems

nebuchan 13:45 20 Sep 05

Hello,

As our home network was unsecured i decided to try and secure it, unfortunately i ended up locking myself out of the network and router. So i decided to reset the router and start again.

I now have a few problems.

The first is that i am using Aol which is a problem in its self but secondly, the internet is only half working.

On the wired computer (to a belkin adsl) msn messenger will not work, error 80048820. The internet is extremely slow and will not access many sites including pc advisor. It only opens google, and will let me search.

I can view all websites using the aol browser. at a fastspeed.

The other wireless computers on the network msn will run, however the internet explorer will not open anything other then google.

All pcs are xp, 3 on wireless and one wired.

The network was working fine at 12'o'clock, before i messed it up, so i know it will work.

If anyone could help that would be great!

recap 13:58 20 Sep 05

For error 80048820 click here it may help?

nebuchan 14:00 20 Sep 05

I have already tried that, and none of it works, msn 7.5 was working fine earlier, just not after i reset the router

recap 14:03 20 Sep 05

Have you checked all the usual, that is, IP addresses, computer names and firewall settings?

nebuchan 17:30 20 Sep 05

I havent really, as im not sure how, however i have changed nothing since this morning on th computer, just restarted the router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…