"Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed."

DCrodrigo 10:29 30 Sep 14

Hi I have an Asus G74Sx and here are my specs: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) CPU TYPE: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz CPU SPEED: 2.03 GHz SYSTEM MEMORY: 8.57 GB VIDEO CARD MODEL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 4.26 GB VIDEO CARD DRIVER: nvd3dum.dll DESKTOP RESOLUTION: 1600x900 HARD DISK SIZE: 473.26 GB

Now my problem is whenever I boot up my computer, and it tries to load windows, the screen starts getting crazy green lines (click here goes black, and eventually a blue screen pops up (click here it should be known, I have just received my computer back from Asus repair where I RMAd it because the motherboard had to be replaced because it was surged and no longer allowing it to charge. We also replaced the hard drive disk. The time between it stopped charging and I sent it and got it back repaired was 28 weeks. I never had this problem prior to the motherboard busting, and have had it since getting it back. When it first happened, I thought it was because since I had gotten it back I had not updated my drivers (all my data had been erased), so I updated to the most recent version, and for the most part the problem was fixed, until all of a sudden it started again.

The problem first started occurring while playing games, the computer would get the green lines above, completely freeze and have to be restarted. Then it started to get the green lines, black out, and come back giving a message saying "the display driver has failed but now recovered" or something along those lines, but that only happened once. Then it happened one more time after that, I restarted the computer and the problem persists like shown above. I am pretty convinced it is a driver problem, as my rampant googling has led me to believe. I have tried several different drivers (click here from the current release 344.11, 340.52, 334. 89, 332. 21, 320.49 and some others that I forget. 332.21 was the only driver that actually allowed me to boot up windows completely, although the screen did get those green lines, went black, but instead of crashing it went to windows. Although when I got there the resolution won't let me go above 1280, and no games would load (Hearthstone, Starcraft, TF2).

The computer works fine in safe mode, and when I have no graphic drivers installed and am using the standard VGA graphics adapter.

Please, someone help me, I was away from this computer 7 months after daily use, and now I can't even use it properly after getting it back.

Now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…