Attachments with Outlook 2000

Derekwel 19:49 07 Jan 03
  Derekwel 19:49 07 Jan 03

When sending an attachment it is sometimes received in two parts, and always as a mass of numbers and symbols, never as the original. I receive attachments o.k. from others.

Lú-tzé 22:58 09 Jan 03

Try zipping the attachment and sending it - see what happens. Also, send an attachment to yourself and see how it arrives.

Derekwel 20:48 17 Jan 03

Thanks for the tip Lu-tze but no difference I am afraid. I am still sending rubbish. Sometimes being received as winmail.dat. Does that help?

Lú-tzé 23:00 17 Jan 03

Post some more info re your operating system, mail program, version numbers, etc. There may be a solution somewhere to be found in that info.

Derekwel 16:16 18 Jan 03

I am using Outlook from Microsoft Office 2000 Premium. My operating system is Windows XP Home edition.

Lú-tzé 19:10 18 Jan 03

Derekwel - it seems that the link given by ßéŁâ is yopur best bet. Have you tried it?

Derekwel 12:12 19 Jan 03

Yes, excellent link. I have adjusted the settings and it has stopped files being broken into several parts. Thanks Beta. If I send a Word doc as an attachment to myself as you suggested I am now able to open it. If I send that same doc to anyone else, even if they have Word on their system, all they receive is a jumble of numbers and letters, it is very odd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…