Attachments not opening

Pip58 21:16 27 Sep 05

I have received an e-mail with an attachment from a friend. It is safe but when I try to open the attachment all I get are boxes with little red crosses in the top left-hand corners. Can anyone advise me what the problem is please?

VoG II 21:28 27 Sep 05

What type of file is it (what is the file extension?).

Pip58 21:40 27 Sep 05

Hi VoG - sorry but I am "green" as far as computers are concerned but the name of the attachment is as follows:

ATT00004.htm(4.23KB)

does that make any sense to you?

VoG II 21:46 27 Sep 05

1) Make sure that you are still connected to the internet whilst trying to view this.

2) In Outlook Express, Tools|Options, Security tab. Untick 'Block images ...'.

Pip58 22:00 27 Sep 05

Hi VoG - have followed what you have said but cannot find "block images....etc" on security tab...........sorry!

Pip58 22:46 27 Sep 05

Any other suggestions for help on this would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks

Quiet Life 23:08 27 Sep 05

Go back and try again!
Outlook Express\ Tools \Options . Under heading transfer of images untick Block images .........

Quiet Life 23:11 27 Sep 05

Sorry missed out Security Tab after options.
Instructions given by VoG were correct.
I can only think you did not clik on Security Tab as there is no way you could miss the Block images ........

powerless 23:22 27 Sep 05

click here [and just wait a few seconds, for it to load]

Ummm the attachment? Is is a webpage? If it is and it has been sent from your friends computer and only that html page, then you won't see anything. You'll need to grab the images [probably in a folder of its own] to view everything. from your friend!

Thalmus 23:25 27 Sep 05

What did you use to create that?

powerless 23:28 27 Sep 05

Come to think of it, the block images option is only available in XP SP2 is it not? [waits to be corrected].

Do you have Windows XP Pro/Home with Service Pack 2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…